When people comment on my bald head, assuming that I’ve shaved it, I correct them. As soon as they hear the word “chemo” they have an incredible “deer caught in headlights” moment. It’s a similar look to when a kid is told that instead of a tooth fairy, it’s really just your Dad sneaking into your room in the middle of the night. I, personally, was very glad when I learned that my Dad was actually the tooth fairy. For years I thought the tooth fairy was a middle aged hairy man who wore ill fitting white briefs.
MIND DUMP – December 5th, 2012
- The last Chinese President’s wife had a guy killed while the new one covered up his son’s death. Prime examples of leaders with strong family family values!
- Reagan and Obama would agree on raising taxes for the richest Americans, this guys shows us how (though he really should change his shirt if anybody is to take him seriously).
- Brad Pitt on the New York Times, “All the news that’s fit to… fit to…. why am I here?”
- Fox News is scaling back Karl Rove’s air time. I would love to see what he’s stress eating.
- Senate Democrats love Bob Dole and his pen, while most Republicans think he’s a gimp and was not afraid to say it to his face.
- Netflix is going to stream Disney movies. Finally, I don’t have to feel ashamed of buying the DVD’s in person!
- Oh, and before you Instagram that sandwich you’re eating, watch this…
Secretary Clinton thinks you’re cute.
Original photograph source unknown.
This wink screams, “You’re welcome homo’s, the late night drink texts worked!” #HillaryClinton #MarriageEquality
Can we just agree on one thing: Hillary Clinton has become the shit, right? Like, woah, she’s totes in hear realm.
I supported her during the election. Well, at first I supported Obama, then I endorsed Edwards because Jean Smart of “Designing Women” fame endorsed him, and finally I settled on Clinton because of her postion on health care (it was the first time I supported a candidate for legitimate issues, rather than for them being a Democrat or black). I loved everything about her campaign, and her concession speech was probably the most eloquent and moving concession speech I’ve ever heard.
I had hoped she’d find a place in the Obama administration, but didn’t count on it. I predicted he would go for a totally fresh cast of charcaters, anti-establishment types. But then when it was announced Clinton would be the Secretary of State nominee, it was almost like my best friend had just been elected Student Body President, I was thrilled.
I knew she’d be awesome at the job, but didn’t anticipate her being as cool as she has become. As my friend Lori pointed out, Obama’s statements always say he’s “… deeply concerned…,” whereas Clinton’s are like, “… there’s just no basis for that…” It’s like she can now be the smarty pants we’ve always wanted her to be but she could never be, cause she had to be a politician. No more, now she can be like, “Nope, you’re wrong, and let me tell you why…”
She is amazing, I adore her, and love that she can now be that know-it-all we all hated in high school but really don’t mind having negotiate us out of nuclear war with North Korea.
Check out the wax version of her. Spooky!